Spring is the ideal season to get your new Atlanta air conditioning system installed: the weather is pleasant but not hot yet and it’s an “in between” time for heating and cooling contractors, so they’re not too busy. It’s time to look ahead to the summer months and finally get the state-of-the art, energy-efficient air conditioner you need to help keep your family cool and comfortable. There are plenty of contractors out there vying for your business: here are some tips for choosing a good one.
1. Go with an Atlanta professional HVAC company that has a long history in your community and a reputation for excellence. When the weather heats up, plenty of fly-by-night “specialists” come creeping out of the woodwork promising low prices and special deals: but beware! These folks may not honor their so-called service agreements and may not even be around anymore if your system breaks down.
2. Choose a company that offers 24/7/365 emergency service. Even the best new air conditioners may need some work done from time to time, and you don’t want to be stuck sweltering in the heat for a week or more.
3. Great companies offer free consulting services: you should never have to pay for someone to come out to your house for advice. Yes, you will be given a sales pitch but that’s OK too. After all, you want to gather as much information as you can. The representative should be able to show you specifics on what size appliance you should have to suit your needs and how that company can save you money.
4. A reputable company will not be “married” to any one brand: it should carry a full line of models from all of the best manufacturers and then customize a system just for you. No one manufacturer is “the best,” because everyone’s needs differ and each manufacturer offers something different. Always look for contractors that offer Energy Star-rated systems for maximum monthly utilities savings.
5. Only work with an Atlanta contractor that employs trained and certified technicians: if they cannot provide proof of the qualifications and education of their employees, look elsewhere. An air conditioning system is an investment and you only want to deal with legitimate professionals.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3960228
If you are looking for an Atlanta air conditioning contractor please call us today at 770-716-8047 or complete our online request form.